The College of Charleston Foundation complies with the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act, (UPMIFA), as enacted by the State of South Carolina. The Foundation charges the Investment Committee with oversight of the Foundation’s Investments pursuant to the bylaws of the Foundation and the Investment Policy Statement, (IPS). The Committee has the responsibility, as granted by the Board, to retain, hire or replace those professional services it deems appropriate for the management and investment of the endowment.
- The Investment Committee adopted an outsourced Chief Investment Officer model and selected The Investment Fund for Foundations (TIFF) in September 2009 to serve in this role.
- TIFF’s Mission is dedicated to providing investment services for non-profit organizations
- For additional information on TIFF, please visit: http://www.tiff.org.
- Investment Policy Statement
- Endowment portfolio value at June 30, 2016 was $70.9 Million
- Endowment Return for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2016 was -1.81%
- Asset Allocation (revised 11/20/15)